Yesterday was great. Brenton Brown (and his amazing band) led worship – they rocked and really were sensitive to the Spirit. Our worship pastor preached and blew me away. We had a high school senior video direct for the first time and he did wonderful (keying and all). There’s no turning back now – we’ve started keying and we’re not going back. It was just a great day all in all. I love my church and am proud to be a part of it.
REMINDER (I’m looking to hire a full-time Audio Coordinator/FOH Engineer – PLEASE let me know if you know of someone that would be good for this position. Below is the job description:
Bent Tree Bible Fellowship, a 5,000-member, non-denominational church located in Carrollton, TX (a suburb of Dallas), is accepting applications for the Audio Coordinator position. Bent Tree Bible Fellowship currently holds three Sunday services (2 in the AM and 1 in the PM) in their current worship center. A new 3,200-seat worship center is being built and should be ready in late Fall of this year, at which time the church will go to 2 Sunday morning services. Bent Tree is seeking a full-time Audio Coordinator who will be responsible for overseeing audio systems for all worship services and special events that occur on the church campus. In addition to mixing front-of-house on Sunday & for special services, this position would include implementation of production team’s weekend sound goals, oversight of regular maintenance of existing equipment, sound support for itinerant ministry events outside of weekend service, team building and interaction, potential studio recording opportunities, and much more. You’ll be working directly with the Technical Arts Director on a week-to-week basis in addition to our large volunteer team and Worship and Arts staff.
The Audio Coordinator will lead volunteer audio teams and team leaders and so will need to be comfortable leading and managing people. The Audio Coordinator will eventually oversee audio editing and sound design using Pro Tools and other editing equipment once the church’s recording studio is complete. Lastly, this individual will oversee the operation, distribution, and maintenance of all audio equipment and systems throughout the campus.
* Oversee audio needs for all weekend services.
* Oversee all sound equipment on the church campus.
* Oversee systematic recruiting and training of audio team workers.
* Work with the Technical Arts Director concerning the acquisition of new equipment and software.
* Oversee the maintenance and repair of audio equipment and software.
* Ability to set up and operate advanced sound system (96 channel Digidesign Venue) and has at least 1 year experience with digital consoles and comfortable mixing at least 40 channels of audio.
* Oversee a budget for area of responsibility.
* Provide stability, leadership and mentorship for Audio ministry.
* Develop and implement training for secondary and volunteer audio staff.
* Oversee digital audio recording and editing of conferences, seminars, sermons, concerts, and other activities as requested by Worship & Arts staff.
* Oversee audio recording for website and podcasts.
* Oversee audio needs for small classroom settings and other smaller church functions.
* Oversee training of non-audio lay persons in the use of audio/visual classroom equipment.
* Maintain inventory of audio equipment.
* Maintain current knowledge of new technology and availability of latest audio equipment and supplies on the market.
* Fulfill other duties as assigned.
* Has a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Must be an equipper and lead as such. The Audio Coordinator will have to multiply himself.
* AS/BS in Audio Engineering or related field is preferred.
* At least three years previous experience in related field.
* Organizes simultaneous multiple tasks.
* Operates with thoroughness and attention to detail.
* Works cooperatively with maintenance team, custodial staff, pastoral members, volunteers and general public.
* Act as a troubleshooter and makes mid-course corrections as needed.
* Has a strong knowledge of signal flow & RF wireless mic programming.
* Has experience with a digital console. The new worship center will have a Digidesign Venue as its sound console (prefer someone with experience on the Venue).
* Ability to troubleshoot and do basic repair on electronic equipment.
Additional Skills that are beneficial to this position
* Administrative skills
* Teachable and able to teach
* Leadership/supervisory skills
* Passion for excellent sound
* Participation in weekly planning and production meetings
* Ministry experience (volunteer recruitment/training)
* Keep a neat stage/platform
* Self-motivated to manage work-load
* Humble, servant attitude
* Love the Lord, show up on time, work hard, lead by example, pray often, rest hard, do it again!
This is a full-time position with benefits (40 hours/week on the average.) Be aware that there are peak ministry times 4 times a year where you’ll probably work over 40 hours (Good Friday/Easter, Christmas, Summer Fine Arts Day Camp and Fall Missions Festival). Feel free to check out http://www.btbf.org for more info about our church. Resumes and demo reels or CDs can be sent to Greg Atkinson at the church.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bent Tree Bible Fellowship
Attn: Greg Atkinson
4141 International Pkwy
Carrollton, TX 75007
Web Site: www.btbf.org