Let me start out by saying “Happy Thanksgiving!” and encouraging you to give thanks this holiday season.Â After reflecting onÂ manyÂ Bible verses about thanksgiving, I have a newfound sense of gratitude in my life
This will be my last post this week. I’m taking off this afternoon through the weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family, in-laws and friends.
I know many would ask what I’m thankful for after losing my job and the breaking of my heart over leaving a congregation that I dearly love, but God is great and God is good and I’m very blessed.
- I’m thankful that I’m saved, forgiven and a child of God.
- I’m thankful for how God chooses to use weak, messed up people like me.
- I’m thankful for my wife and our marriage.
- I’m thankful for my three precious children.
- I’m thankful for restored relationships with all my extended family.
- I’m thankful for God using me to speak, write, consult and coach as a way of income during this time of transition.
- I’m thankful for how God is our provision and always comes through for us in our time of need.
- I’m thankful for real, close, authentic friendships.
- I”m thankful that I’m called, gifted and equipped to lead.
- I’m thankful that God knows where I’m headed and where I will wind up serving next.
- I’m thankful that God is preparing me and preparing the right fit for me.
- I’m thankful that I have mentors and pastors pouring into and discipling me.
- I’m thankful for the nearly 3 years that I had at my last church and for how God used me to point people to Christ and see them grow in their walk.
- I’m thankful for the amazing experiences that I’ve had over my two decades of church ministry.
- I’m thankful for the opportunities that keep coming my way as churches contact me to consult, coach and help them take their next step.
- I’m thankful my wife has a job and can help make up the difference that missing my full-time income creates.
- I’m thankful that my life, my family, my career and our future are all in the hands of my loving Savior, Living God and Creator of the Universe. He orders my steps and makes my paths straight. I look to Him and trust Him completely in all things.
- For these and so much more – I’M THANKFUL.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! God bless you, my friends.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
18Â in everythingÂ give thanks; for this is Godâ€™s will for you in Christ Jesus.