Did you know I do social media marketing for businesses? I never really talk about my day job on here. I consult with churches from time to time and do secret shoppers at churches on weekends, but during the week I run a social media marketing company called GTK Solutions. The “GTK” is named after my three kids: Grace, Tommy and Katie. By the way, if you want to get social media and social media marketing tips and quotes and links to blogs that educate and inform, follow my company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gtksolutions.
I consult and market for clients in the social media realm, dealing with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SMO (Social Media Optimization). I thought I’d do a couple of blogs on here that educate you on things like this and share with you what I share with my clients.
If I can help out doctors and businesses, you know I want to help out Church leaders. So what do I do with businesses? I first do a discovery meeting with the client to learn more about their business, their target (who they want to reach), their existing online presence and their goals. The discovery process and questions I ask are some of the following (these are things you need to think through in your situation):
GTK Solutions Discovery Questions
1. Do you believe in what you do?
2. Would you buy what you are selling?
3. What social marketing are you currently doing? Even unintentional communication about your business.
4. If I searched social media sites today what would I learn about your business?
5. How do your customers use social media?
6. What is your brand?
7. What is your reputation among those you serve?
8. What social media marketing seems to be working?
9. What social media marketing seems to not be working? What will it take to stop this?
10. Who is your target audience?
11. What date are you thinking of going public with this new campaign?
12. What goals do you hope to see met as a result of this social media campaign?
*** First, things first. If you’ve never read my blog post “Diving into Social Media” – stop and read that. It’s a great place to start. So before I start answering questions you’re not asking: What questions do you guys have about social media marketing and how it can benefit your church and boost your online presence? Of course, I’m assuming you’ve seen the Social Media Revolution video, know how important social media is, how many people can be reached by it and that you want to reach more people for Christ.