A couple of things that I’m proud about last week’s Fine Arts Day Camp at my church:
- The great leadership by our own Karen Johnson (who is a vital part of our staff).
- The tremendous amount of talent and heart that went into the week.
- The hundreds of volunteers that gave of their time.
- The way the various Worship & Art Ministries worked together to encourage, train and equip the children. Worship & Arts ministries that participated were music, drama, dance, visual arts and technical arts (my team).
- My staff and the youth that served in tech all around the campus throughout the week. There were rooms all over the campus using sound, video and lights.
- My technical arts volunteers that came out Friday to serve for the end of the week musical.
- I’m most proud that all this happened while I was in South Carolina. True leadership is working yourself out of a job. This was a huge deal and I was able to be away and see my team flourish. I thank God for the team I get to lead!
The set built by our Visual Arts team, led by Aaron Bensko, and the lighting done by our own Scott Row:
Side close-up view of the set:
This is what 400 kids on the stage looks like: