As theÂ multi-site church revolution continues to grow and mushroom (cf. the Leadership Network book,Â Multi-Site Revolution: Being One Church in Many Locations) — over 1,500 multi-site churches in the United States (2005 stat, perÂ MondayMorningInsight.com) — not only are churches going to multiple locations geographically into other cities and states, a few are connecting people via Internet campuses! Here’s the ones I’ve found so far [add a comment to keep this list updated]:
- LifeChurch.tv (Edmond OK) has itsÂ Church Online (launchedÂ February 2006) and also a campus inÂ Second Life. Live worship experiences on Saturdays @ 6:30pm + 8:00pm, Sundays @ 10:00am (GMT) + 10:00am + 11:30am + 1:00pm (Central), Mondays 8:00pm (GMT) + 8:00pm, Tuesdays @ 12:00pm + 8:00pm (Central).
- Seacoast Church (Charleston SC) hasÂ Church Online (launchedÂ January 2007) with live worship times on Sundays @ 9:30am + 11:15am (Eastern).
- Flamingo Road Church (Cooper City FL) has itsÂ Internet campus with live worship times on Saturdays @ 5:00pm + 6:30pm and Sundays @ 9:30am + 11:00am + 12:30pm + 5:00pm (Eastern).
- McLean Bible Church (metro Washington DC) has itsÂ Internet campus with live worship times on Sundays @ 9:00am + 10:45am +Â 5:30pm (Eastern).
- New Hope Christian Fellowship‘sÂ internet campus is called anÂ Online Community. Live worship times are Saturdays @ 5:00pm + 7:00pm and Sundays @ 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am (Hawaiian Time).
- The Church Group (Jacksonville FL) calls its internet campus calledÂ I-Church, with worship times at Wednesdays @ 7:00pm and Sunday @ 10:30am (Eastern).
- Christ Fellowship (Palm Beach Gardens FL) has anÂ Online Campus, Saturdays @ 6:00p and Sundays @ 9:00am + 11:00am (Eastern), having provided live-streaming of worship services since 2005.
- Richmond Community Church (Virginia) has anÂ Internet Campus called HighImpactChurch.tv live on Sundays @ 11:00am (Eastern).
- Northland, A Church Distributed (Orlando FL) hasÂ live online worship on Saturdays @ 5:00pm, Sundays @ 9:00am + 11:00am + 6:00pm, Mondays @ 7:00pm (Eastern).
- Victory Life Family Worship Center (Durant, OK) has aÂ Virtual Church where you can watch Duane Sheriff messages 24/7 andÂ Live on Sundays @ 9:00am + 11:00am, Thursdays @ 7:00pm (Central).
- Gracepoint Church (Wichita, KS) has anÂ Internet Campus with live-streamed videos on Sundays @ 9:30am + 11:00am (Central). [ht:Â Terry Johnson]
- Brand New Church (Harrison, AR) has anÂ iCampus with worship on Sundays @ 11:00am + 5:00pm and Wednesdays @ 12:00 Noon (Central).
- Central Christian Church (Las Vegas) launched itsÂ Online Campus in September 2008. Service times on Sundays @ 4:30am + 7:00am + 9:00am + 10:20am + 11:45am + 4:30pm (Pacific) .
- Mecklenburg Community Church (Charlotte) has itsÂ Internet campusexperiences on Sundays @ 10:15am (Eastern).
- Pine Ridge Church (Graham NC) has anÂ Internet campus with worship on Sundays @ 10:30am (Eastern).
- Celebration Church (Jacksonville FL) has anÂ Internet campus with worship on Sundays @ 11:30am + Tuesdays @ 9:00pm (Eastern).
- NewSong Church (Irvine CA) has itsÂ NewSong Global in beta with worship on Sundays @ 9:00am + 10:30am + 11:49am (Pacific).
- Alive Church (Tucson AZ) has aÂ Web campus with services on Saturdays @ 5:00pm + 6:30pm and Sundays @ 9:30am + 11:00am (Arizona time).
- Liquid Church (Morristown, NJ) launched itsÂ internet campus in January 2009, with worship times on Saturdays @ 6:00pm and Sundays @ 11:00am + 6:00pm and Wednesdays 1:00pm (Eastern).
- NewSpring Church (Anderson SC) launched itsÂ Web Campus in February 2009, with worship times on Sundays @ 11:15am + 6:00pm (Eastern).
- Voice to the Nations (Griffin GA) launched itsÂ internet campus in February 2009, with worship times on Sundays @ 9:00am + 11:15am (Eastern).
- The Ridge Community Church (Oak Ridge TN) has aÂ Ridge iCampus, with worship time on Sundays @ 10:00am (Eastern). ChurchÂ launch date is April 19th.
- Barefoot Church (Myrtle Beach SC) has itsÂ Internet Campus with worship times on Saturdays @ 6:00pm and Sundays @ 9:00am + 11:00am (Eastern).
- Saddleback Church (Lake Forest CA) has anÂ Internet Campus with worship times on Saturdays @ 4:30pm + 6:30 pm and Sundays @ 9:00am + 11:15 am + 4:30pm + 6:30pmÂ (Pacific).
- Forefront Church (Denver) has anÂ online campus with worship times on Sundays 6:00pm (Mountain).
- Real Life Fellowship (Corpus Christi TX) has a web page toÂ watch live worship with worship time on Sundays 11:30am (Central).
- Zyxter Church (Parker CO) has a web page where you canÂ watch online on Sundays at 11:00am (Mountain). [formerly known asÂ Afterlife.tv with itsCyberchurch.]
- Manmin Central Church (Seoul, South Korea) hasÂ Internet Live Webcasting on Sundays 10:00am + 11:30am + 3:00pm, Wednesdays @ 7:00pm, Fridays @ 11:00pm (GMT+9).
- The Church at South Las Vegas (Las Vegas NV) has anÂ online campus — live on Saturdays @ 6:00pm and Sundays @ 10:00am + 11:45am (Pacific).
- Church of the Resurrection (Kansas City) launched its internet campus,Resurrection Live, onÂ July 1st, 2009. Worship times on Sundays 10:45am and 5:00pm (Central).
- Faith Promise Church (Knoxville TN) has anÂ iCampus with worship times on Sundays @ 10:00am + 11:45am (Eastern).
- Buckhead Church (Atlanta) is launching its internet campus,Â North Point Online, onAugust 16th, 2009. Worship time is Sundays 6:00pm (Eastern).
- Healing Place Church (Baton Rouge LA) has anÂ online community with weekly Bible study and weekly prayer gathering.Â Live video of worship services are online on Saturdays 5:00pm + Sundays 10:00am (Central). Could a full-fledge Internet campus be just around the corner?
[ count = 33; last updated: 07/13/09 ]
Granted, a video podcast feed allows people to view a sermon message from the archives on-demand, or you could watch a worship service viaÂ streaming live video or Cable TV broadcast, e.g.Â Tenth Presbyterian Church‘sÂ live webcast orÂ Bell Shoals Baptist Church‘slive webcast orÂ watch live service fromÂ C3 Church in Sydney, Australia(!).
But anÂ Internet campus is more than having a live streaming video — it’s adding live interactive features like lobby chat room, message notes, communication card, raise a hand, say a prayer, and even online giving. Some have on-going ministry during the week with attenders by forming small groups or service projects. I’d imagine more features will be added as these campuses grow and technologies mature. (I’ve already participated at 2 of the above Internet campuses — once when I was homebound during a snow storm, and we had family worship at home with my wife and son online!)
These Internet campuses are reachingÂ hundreds andÂ thousands already! One prediction projects thatÂ 10% of Americans will rely exclusively on the Internet for their religious experience by 2010.
So, what do you think? What would it take to launch an Internet campus at your church?
[update] Other churches preparing to launch internet campuses:Â Â Liberty Church(Pensacola FL) has what it calls itsÂ internet campus usingÂ Ustream.TV,Â C3 Church(Clayton NC) has aÂ live feed, andÂ Manna Church (Fayetteville NC) planning to launch one cf.Â link;Â Gateway Church (Austin) has anÂ internet campus pastor who will be preparing the way for their internet campus.Â Discovery Church (Orlando FL) hasÂ live video from its Orange Avenue campus services and has anÂ Internet campus pastor in place.Â Discovery Church (Voorhees NJ) offersÂ Discovery LIVE for live-stream video.Â New Hope Family Church (Sioux Falls SD) has aÂ live-streamed video of its worship service.Â Church of the Redeemer (Gaithersburg MD) hasÂ live webcast of its services in English and Spanish.Â The River (Little Rock AR) hasÂ live webcast on Sundays 11am (Central).