Phil Cooke just sent me his latest blog, which I thought you might enjoy. Here’s Phil’s “10 Random Thoughts About Religious TV”:
1. If a pastor or evangelist wears fake hair, heâ€™ll probably lie about other things.
2. The more outrageous the product offer, the more spiritually bankrupt the ministry leader.
3. What makes the phones ring is often theologically suspect.
4. Most â€œWorld Outreach Centersâ€ rarely reach outside their neighborhood.
5. No matter what they say, telethons arenâ€™t about ministry. Theyâ€™re about money.
6. If you think your idea is a â€œnew revelation,â€ chances are, itâ€™s not.
7. Media buying is where all the money is in TV ministry.
8. The bigger the ministry, the more terrified they are of making a mistake.
9. Too many people say, â€œGod told me to do this.â€ With most of those ideas, God would rather not get the credit.
10. 80% of ministries with jets donâ€™t need them.