Sunday night I stayed up late (with my wife) to see U2 again – this time live via the web. YouTube made history when it broadcast U2’s Rose Bowl concert live over the internet to the entire world. Millions watched and if you missed it, you can watch it HERE.
By the way, I think U2 is genius for giving the world what they want: a free live concert. This was a smart and strategic move and should be applauded by all for those that made it happen. It will be interesting to see what YouTube continues to do in the realm of live streaming.
Below are some screenshots I captured while it was happening live…
1. This is the band hanging out backstage before they went out. Note the links to buy their album, join their newsletter, visit their website and donate to RED – a passion of Bono’s:
2. This is how close the cameras got:
3. Of course the event incorporated live Twitter feeds – which was very cool:
4. This is a view of their sweet stage and set from a distance:
5. Actually, this is how close the camera got: