For well over a decade I’ve evaluated church’s online presence across North America. For over 200 churches, I’ve critiqued their social media and website and given them feedback – all without having to get on an airplane. If you’d like to hire me to evaluate your church’s online presence like I talked about on Carey Nieuwhof’s podcast, go HERE to get more details.
However, many of the things that I looked for and advised are no longer relevant. For example, people don’t need to see a homepage with service times and directions like I’ve always advised. They don’t need to see an “I’m New” or “What to Expect” or “Plan Your Visit” button.
Now, in the midst of the Coronavirus, you should have an overhaul of your church’s homepage.
Here’s what people need to see when they go to your church’s website:
- Online services (You should have your messages/services playing on your home page).
- Online small groups
- Online giving
- Links to social media (Facebook and YouTube)
- Daily Devotionals (if you do them)
- Links to what you’re doing in your community
Here are some great churches for you to get inspiration from:
- https://battlecreekchurch.com/ – Killer website designed by my friends at The Church Co. Need a new website? Tell them I sent you!
PRO-TIP: You don’t have to stream your service once a week (Sunday at 11am for example). You can have multiple services play throughout the week. As a matter of fact, you could be delivering online content to your people daily. Set up your service to play on-demand!
BONUS: Also, why not do daily devotionals? Why not use an online connection card like my friends at Vous Church? Get creative.
SPECIAL SHOUT OUT AND RECOGNITION TO MY FRIENDS AT ACCESS CHURCH THAT I CONSULTED WITH: https://couch.church/
I’ve been saying: “Digital = Daily” – Greg Atkinson
*** Since I’m grounded and not traveling like I normally do for secret shopper consultations, I can do more of my Package Three (online presence evaluations). I can evaluate your church’s social media, website, and online service. If this is something that interests you, go HERE for more details.
*** Looking to start using a true ChMS/church database with online giving built-in? Have you seen that FaithTeams is offering a FREE 60-day trial due to the Covid virus? Sign-up HERE.
- Here are some essential and insightful thoughts from my friend Carey Nieuwhof about this first all digital Easter. Check them out HERE.
- Here are all kinds of FREE Easter resources from Life.Church HERE.